The Imagination Station

Welcome to The Station! This blog is dedicated to works of fiction of all kinds. Included here will be my writings (stories, poems, etc.), posts about others works of fiction, and posts about writing in general. Warning: I'll be going back to the 10th Grade for my first posts. That's when I decided to try my hand at fiction, outside of school projects. Anyway, have a great trip and come back soon! (Feel free to leave comments.)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Vampyres

Okay. Here we go, back into 1996 (my senior year). These last 2 I'm going to post are the last 2 writing projects I undertook. (Besides my failed first 2 high-school novel attempts...) These are the only 2 that I ever really called finished products I was proud of. This one did well for me in my high school's advanced writing class.

Vampyres

Belief in the legends or no
Our existence cannot be denied
For they are real and we are so

In coffins we slumber while the sky is aflame
Concealed from all surveillance till nightfall arrives
Then it begins: the necessary hunt, the hedonistic game

The blood lust saturates my immortal desire
The victim of a demon I commence to stalk
To satisfy my lust, my yearn, my fire

The sweet aroma of blood coursing through your veins
Invades my preternatural sense of smell, elevating my passion
With each beat of your heart, it waxes and wanes

By some sixth sense you abruptly realize
That you are in the presence of something inhuman
Pursuing you in mortal disguise

Of course, I know that you are aware
When your pulsing, red ecstasy more rapidly flows
And you look back, eyes wide, to stare

Instantaneously the chase is on, the struggle begun
Mortals are foolish to bother attempting to escape
But just for sport, I'll chase while you run

No more playing; I snatch you up from the ground
My fangs protrude and prepare to rend flesh
They puncture two holes in your neck, small and round

I suck softly to make my rapture last
Through a pierced artery your life force escapes
Your blood is my mouth; my euphoria is vast

As I extract from your body every savory drop
I taste the thick richness sliding deliciously down my throat
Then I quiver in bliss as I make your heart stop

Rejuvenated, I drop your corpse to the ground like dried out fruit
Then I straighten my hair and slightly tousled clothes
And exit into the darkness in my Armani suit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home